Spartanburg HIgh School - Dates and Announcements
Greetings, Spartanburg Vikings!
SHS is beginning a new program called “Turn Up the Norse”. “Turn Up the Norse” provides sensory items at home varsity football and basketball games to make SHS sporting events more enjoyable for our fans with sensory needs.
- When? Starting this Friday (October 18th) from 6:30 PM until 7:45 PM
- What? Bags with sensory items (including headphones, sunglasses, and a stress ball) will be distributed at a table in Viking Stadium.
- Where? The table will be located at the home entrance to the right of the ticket booth at the stadium.
- How? Fans will be asked to provide their names, signatures, and phone numbers to check-out a sensory bag. Bags must be returned by the end of the game either to the table or any concession stand on the home side.
- Make Note: Stadium information and a social story are attached and are also on the D7 website and the D7 and SHS Facebook pages!
Please spread the word about this awesome program being supported by SHS, our athletic department, and our community. Thank you for your help! This is our step to making SHS sporting events sensory-friendly!
Turn Up the Norse… because we are ready! Go Vikings!
Monday, November 4th and Tuesday, November 5th is a school holiday for students and for staff due to Election Day.
Be sure to make your voice heard and get out and vote!
Monday, October 14 - Country vs. Club
Tuesday, October 15 - Classy Day - Seniors: Tie Dye, Juniors: Camo, Sophomores: Neon, Freshmen: Jersey Day
Wednesday, October 16 - Wacky Wednesday
Thursday, October 17 - Throwback Thursday
Friday, October 18 - Extreme Blue and Gold
Parade & Pep Rally
Wednesday, October 16, 2019, at 6:00 pm • The traditional homecoming parade will feature class floats, homecoming queen candidates, and the football team. The parade starts at Daniel Morgan Technology Center and travels down East Main St to SHS Student Parking Lot Entrance. A pep rally in the student parking lot will round out the festivities.
SHS vs Mauldin
Friday, October 18, 2019 - Homecoming Game 7:30 pm • Coin Toss • Homecoming Queen at Half-Time.
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 is the last day to have your senior picture taken. This will be for yearbook pictures only (tux and drape only), and there will be no sitting fee. Make sure your picture is in the first yearbook from our new school!
Also, all seniors should fill out a Senior Information Sheet to list your school activities and achievements from grade 9-12. This will accompany your yearbook portrait. These should be turned in to Mrs. McCulley in Room 1501 by Monday, October 14, 2019.
And finally, senior yearbook ad contracts are also due on Monday, October 14, 2019.
Senior Information and Yearbook Ad forms are available outside Room 1501.
Congrats to the Class of 2020!
SHS Construction Flyover
New flyover and flythrough video: We are so thankful to our community, district leadership and hard-working construction crews for making our new SHS a fast-approaching reality. Our future Vikings are sure to be high fliers.