COVID-19 Vaccine Information for the District 7 Community
COVID-19 vaccine roll-out plans are continuing to move forward in the state of South Carolina. The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and the South Carolina Department of Education held a statewide briefing for media on May 12, 2021 to provide an update on COVID-19 and the state’s vaccine rollout efforts for people 12 years of age and older.
You can learn more here:
- NEW - Consent Form for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for people 12 Years of Age and Older
- Individuals eligible to receive vaccine can schedule an appointment using this online resource, which currently includes several major hospitals, seven DHEC sites, a DHEC mobile clinic, and 12 Doctor’s Cares locations. An additional 50 locations will be added to this list and available to provide vaccine by the beginning of next week.
- Individuals can also call the DHEC Care Line at 1-855-472-3432 for assistance with scheduling an appointment.
Vist SCDHEC's information page for up to date information here.
Everyone 12+ is Eligible*
All COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free. They reduce your risk of getting the virus, particularly in severe forms.
- The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two shots, 21- and 28-days apart respectively. Don’t leave your first appointment without knowing when and where you’ll get your second shot.
- The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine is a single shot.
- *The Pfizer vaccine is approved for those 12 and older. Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines are approved for 18 and up.