Enroll a New Student for 2021-2022 (5K-Grade 12)
This information is for students who are new to Spartanburg School District 7 and will be entering grades 1 - 12. If your new student is enrolling in our pre-kindergarten programs (3K-4K), please click here.
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of this year must enroll in public or private kindergarten, unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver. Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1 of this year must enroll in first grade.
For information on which school you are zoned to attend, please call our Transportation Office at (864) 594-4423. Residents who live outside of Spartanburg School District 7's attendance zone may apply to attend a school in our district. If accepted, out of district fees will apply as follows: $1,800 a year for one student; if enrolling two students the fee for the second student is $1,300; if enrolling three students the fee for the third student is $800.
Required New Student Enrollment Documents
To apply for enrollment, a parent/guardian must complete the New Student Enrollment Form for 5K - Grade 12 (PDF) and present it along with the following to their zoned school:
1. State Birth Certificate
Need a copy of a birth certificate?
- In SC, see DHEC's "How to Obtain a Copy of your Birth Certificate"
- Nationally, see the CDC's "Where to Write for Vital Records"
2. South Carolina Certificate of Immunization or South Carolina Certificate of Religious Exemption obtained from the Spartanburg County Health Department
Need a copy of your immunization certificate?
- In SC, see DHEC's "How can I get a copy of my immunization records?" You can review the South Carolina Immunization Requirements for Childcare and School for the 2021-2022 school year here.
- Nationally, see the CDC's "Contacts for ISS Records".
3. Two current proof of residency documents (all must contain property address) in the name and property address of the parent or legal guardian. This must include ONE of the following: A recent tax document for primary residence, current signed rental/lease agreement with legally notarized documentation from landlord verifying current address, AND ONE current utility bill (i.e. electric, gas, water, cable).
4. Valid parent/guardian photo I.D. (i.e. - S.C. DMV issued I.D. or driver's license)
Additional documents required for transfer students (may be submitted later)
- Withdrawal from previous school - Paperwork filed with your child's previous school to transfer the child's school records to the new school
- Academic documents & records - Any academic documents and records, including the child's latest transcript, report cards, and IEP (if applicable)
Once you have submitted your new student enrollment forms, the school will provide you with a Snapcode to complete the enrollment process online. Return to this page to enter your Snapcode here:
How to Submit Enrollment Documents - Please Visit Your Neighborhood School's Main Office During Normal School Hours
This map of of District 7 shows the location of each of our schools.
The Franklin School
100 Franklin Street (29303)
Cleveland Academy of Leadership
151 Franklin Street (29303)
594-4444, Fax 594-6146
Drayton Mills Elementary School
1500 Skylyn Drive (29307)
586-7979, Fax 586-7989
E.P. Todd School (In addition to traditional programs, E.P. Todd offers a Montessori program for 3K–5th grade students that is open to District 7 families - the 3K and 4K Montessori programs require a monthly tuition.)
150 Old Canaan Road (29306)
594-4475, Fax 594-6152
Jesse Boyd Elementary School
1505 Fernwood-Glendale Road (29307)
594-4430, Fax 594-6143
Mary H. Wright Elementary School
457 S. Church Street (29306)
594-4477, Fax 594-6153
Meeting Street Academy
201 E Broad Street Suite 110 (20306)
Pine Street Elementary School
500 S. Pine Street (29302)
594-4470, Fax 594-6150
Carver Middle School.
467 South Church Street (29306)
594-4435, Fax 594-6144
McCracken Middle School
50 Emory Road (29307)
594-4457, Fax 596-8418
Spartanburg High School
2250 East Main Street (29307)
594-4410, Fax 594-6142
If you have questions in regard to student enrollment, please call your school directly or contact the District Office at 864.594.4400.