Clear Bag Policy and Security Screening
Effective with the start of the 2022-2023 school year, District 7 has implemented new security protocols for large public events at all our schools.
SECURITY SCREENINGS WITH METAL DETECTORS
District 7 conducts entrance security screenings for large public events and competitions at elementary, middle and high schools. Guests will pass through OpenGate’s walk-through weapons detection system. A global leader in high traffic screening and developed for the NFL, OpenGate’s non-invasive, free-flow system enables guests to keep their phone and keys in their pocket and walk forward.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
To enhance safety within our venues, Spartanburg School District 7 has implemented a clear bag policy for large-scale events our schools, effective with the 2022-2023 school year. The following will be permissible to carry into these facilities:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar) Small clutch bags, purses or wallets, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items and diaper bags (after proper inspection)
- Patrons will still be able to carry other items into venues, such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones, but their carrying cases will NOT be allowed unless they meet the above criteria.
- Seat cushions and blankets are still permitted (subject to inspection).
- Working news media may bring equipment but will be subject to bag inspections
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: Fireworks or explosives, coolers, outside food or beverage, weapons of any kind, illegal substances, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products (all District 7 facilities are tobacco free), animals (except service animals), and any bags/packs/luggage larger than the permissible size.