• Students who are 17-years-old must be released from a Spartanburg County high school in order to enroll in Spartanburg County Adult Education. A signed release from the school district where the student resides must be obtained, therefore giving that student permission to attend Adult Education. This policy applies to all of our programs - Diploma, GED, and ESL.

    Please click on the link below to access the 17-Year-old Release Packet


    Students that are 17 and 18 years of age that are enrolling in our GED program must also obtain a completed Verification of Withdrawal form from the Spartanburg County School District where they last attended high school. This form will be submitted by our office to the South Carolina Department of Education, Office of Adult Education, therefore giving the student permission to take the GED assessments.

    Please click on the link below to access the Verification of Withdrawal form


    Upon enrolling, Spartanburg County Adult Education will request a transcript from the student's last school of attendance. However, it will expedite the registration process if the student can bring a copy when they come to register.


    Students that are transferring from a high school located outside of Spartanburg County should call 864-594-4428 for more information.