Seven School Districts
Spartanburg County has seven school districts offering outstanding academic, fine arts, and athletic programs, verified by state and national credentials and accolades. Fitting together like pieces of a puzzle in the heart of the Upstate, the seven Spartanburg School districts function as separate entities with unique programs and district traditions, working cooperatively and competitively on initiatives that advance education county-wide.
Over 45,000 students attend the 75 K-12 Spartanburg County public schools. From preparing children for kindergarten through graduation and beyond to assisting adults in obtaining high school-equivalency diplomas later in life, Spartanburg school districts etch an indelible impression on the citizens of Spartanburg County.
Residents who live outside of Spartanburg School District 7's attendance zone may apply to attend a school in our district. If accepted, out of district fees are $1,800 a year per student.
Spartanburg Assessors Property Records Search
With an address the Spartanburg Assessors Property Records Search tool can determine which School District a home is located in. Visit the Assessor Property Records Search Page and search by location address. The first number of the Parcel ID on the property determines the school district.
Visit Our Student Registration Section to Enroll for the 2023-2024 School Year
If you live in the attendance zone for Spartanburg School District Seven and would like to enroll your student in school, you need to visit your zoned school to set up an appointment and/or speak to a school counselor. District 7's transportation office is happy to assist in locating your child's neighborhood school - 864-594-4423.
The following items are needed in order to enroll your student:
- Residence must be verified by one of the following current documents in the name of the parent or legal guardian to the principal or designee
- Deed to property Property tax receipt (in the name of the parent or legal guardian)
- Current lease agreement (children’s names should be listed)
- Notarized affidavit of the adult resident of District Seven with whom the student resides (verification of proof of residence by attendance worker and/or school resource officer) prior to enrollment.
And one of the following documents:
- Current utility bill such as phone bill, power bill, water bill, cable bill, etc.
- Rental receipt
The following documents are required for enrollment:
- Birth Certificate
- South Carolina Immunization Certificate (DHEC-1148)
- Social security card (optional)
- Proof of legal guardianship, if applicable
The following items are required before enrollment is complete. Spartanburg High School will request the items from the student’s previous school.
- Transfer form from sending school, including transcript, attendance records, and discipline records
- ESL code number
- Special Education
Living Outside of D7
If you do not live in the Spartanburg School District 7 zone, but would like your child to attend a District 7 School, please contact our Administrative District Offices at 864-594-4400.
District Seven uses PowerSchool to register students. Parents receive a SnapCode when they come in to register their new student. If your student attended D7 in the past and was not registered the previous school year, they will register as a returning student. Parents will receive a SnapCode at the time of registration.
All current students and parents will be able to use link located on the upper right side of this page to update student information when it becomes available. Snapcode will be mailed and emailed to you. (Please check your SPAM or JUNK mail box) The subject line will say "Spartanburg School District Seven Registration".
To enroll a new student, please present the following to the school assigned:
• State-issued birth certificate
• Properly completed Immunization Certificate or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
• Proof of residence in two forms (current mortgage/lease statement and current electric or utility bill)
Transportation Offices in each of the seven school districts can provide more information on zoned school by property address.
Spartanburg County School District One
Spartanburg County School District Two
Spartanburg County School District Three
Spartanburg County School District Four
Spartanburg County School District Five
Spartanburg County School District Six
Spartanburg County School District Seven
A Bird's Eye View of Our Schools
Traditionally, children are assigned to a public school according to where they live. Spartanburg School District 7 recognizes that each student is unique and our choice/focus programs are designed to help meet those needs and to nurture students’ talents, interests and aptitudes. School choice programs foster parental involvement and high expectations, and give parents the opportunity to choose the school that will meet their child’s needs. Information on all District 7 schools and links to websites.
If space is available, residents who live outside of Spartanburg School District 7's attendance zone may apply to attend a school in our district through school choice. If accepted, out-of-district fees will apply. Please contact our finance department for the fee structure 864-594-4405.