Wow! It's hard to believe a new year is beginning. Miss Connor and I are excited to welcome our new friends on Monday, August 19th. Please remember our staggered schedule for the first week of school. All students come on Monday, but then your child will come back on his/her testing day. (Please let me know if you don't know your day.) Then all students will return on Friday, August 25th. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org. We are going to have an AWESOME year!
Important August and September dates:
August 30 - Brusters at School ($2 due by 8/28)
August 30 - College colors day
September 2 - Labor Day- no school
September 10 - Open House @ 5:30
September 16 - Fall Pictures
September 18 - Early dismissal day - students dismiss at 11:30
September 20 - Brusters at School ($2 due by 9/18)
September 21 - Color Run
September 24 - Chick Fil A Night
Our Essential Agreements (our class rules)
Our class come together and made our Essential Agreements. We have promised to:
Be respectful to our friends and teachers
Be principled and make good choices
Weekly Schedule: All activities are at 1:45-2:20 except Friday.
Monday - Art
Tuesday - Foreign Language and PE (be sure to wear tennis shoes)
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - Library (be sure to return library books)
Friday - Music
Lunch is at 10:50-11:25
Recess is at 11:45
Kindergarten's first IB Unit of Inquiry:
Who We Are
Our central idea is "Sharing about myself and learning about others builds relationships."
Our lines of inquiry are
- Identify people of authority
- How a classroom community can function
- Diversity within the class
The Learner Profile attributes we are learning about are: principled, caring, and open minded
Jesse Boyd Elementary:
Doing whatever it takes to give every child every chance to succeed.
MISSION, VISION, AND BELIEFS
Jesse Boyd Elementary school makes it our mission to inspire and equip all to become lifelong learners and productive community members through a challenging and supportive environment which promotes academic excellence, confidence and creativity.
- Teachers recognize students as unique, valued individuals who gain the knowledge and skills necessary to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Teachers, staff, students, parents, and community members should work cooperatively to enhance the education of children in a changing world using a variety of instructional approaches and technology to meet student’s individual needs.
- All students, staff, and parents should be treated with respect regardless of cultural and individual differences.
- All Staff members are committed to ongoing personal and professional growth to foster the pursuit of lifelong learning for themselves and their students.
We envision a school in which:
- Students are challenged to reach their full academic potential.
- Students and staff treat each other with respect in a safe, supportive atmosphere.
- Parents and community are involved and support school endeavors.
- The staff is committed to professional growth and development.