November is a busy month at JBE. Boosterthon begins November 6th. Your child will receive a packet that contains all the necessary information as to how you can help our school. Boosterthon is the main fundraiser for PTSO. The money collected during this event goes directly back into the classrooms at our school. Go to Boosterthon.com for more information. We get to celebrate our accomplishments at the Fun Run on November 16th. Kindergarten will do their run at 12:00. Please make plans to attend and support your child as they run laps around the track. This is an exciting time for our kids and it's fun watching them run and see the smiles on their faces.
The Veteran's Day assembly is on Friday November 9th. Your kids are encouraged to dress in red, white, and blue this day.
On Wednesday, November 14th your kids will dismiss at 11:30. If your child has a different mode of transportation this day, you must let us know in writing. Also, please let us know if they are NOT eating at school. If they are NOT eating, I would encourage sending a healthy snack. The kids get a little sad when they see their friends eating and they are not eating.
Thankful Thursday is on November 15th in the media center. Please join the JBE family as we all come together to celebrate and give thanks for all that we have.
Team Spirit day is on Tuesday, November 20th. Your child may dress in his/her favorite team colors.
Thanksgiving Holidays are November 21-23. Please enjoy time with your family.
Our Essential Agreements
1. We will be safe.
2. We will be respectful to our friends and teachers.
3. We will make good choices and be principled.
Weekly Schedule: All activities are at 1:45-2:20 except Friday. Our foreign language is from 8:30-9:00
Monday - Art
Tuesday - PE (be sure to wear tennis shoes)
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - Library (be sure to return library books)
Friday - French (this will change to spanish in January)
Lunch is at 10:50-11:20
Recess is at 11:45
IB Unit of Inquiry:
Where We Are in Place and Time
Our central idea is "Daily lives change from the past to the present."
Our lines of inquiry are
- National holidays and symbols
- Past and present aspects of daily life
- Past and present needs and wants
Jesse Boyd Elementary:
Doing whatever it takes to give every child every chance to succeed.
MISSION, VISION, AND BELIEFS
Jesse Boyd Elementary school makes it our mission to inspire and equip all to become lifelong learners and productive community members through a challenging and supportive environment which promotes academic excellence, confidence and creativity.
- Teachers recognize students as unique, valued individuals who gain the knowledge and skills necessary to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Teachers, staff, students, parents, and community members should work cooperatively to enhance the education of children in a changing world using a variety of instructional approaches and technology to meet student’s individual needs.
- All students, staff, and parents should be treated with respect regardless of cultural and individual differences.
- All Staff members are committed to ongoing personal and professional growth to foster the pursuit of lifelong learning for themselves and their students.
We envision a school in which:
- Students are challenged to reach their full academic potential.
- Students and staff treat each other with respect in a safe, supportive atmosphere.
- Parents and community are involved and support school endeavors.
- The staff is committed to professional growth and development.