Students and Parents/Guardians:
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as your child’s language arts teacher. I am excited about this school year and having your child in my class. This letter is intended to provide you with information about classroom procedures, rules, grading policies, and discipline requirements. Feel free to contact me anytime at (864)586-7707, on the school phone line at (864)594-4482 or at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Please sign and return the acknowledgment statement at the end of this letter as soon as possible. Again, let me say that I am glad to be working with you and your child this school year, and am looking forward to a successful year.
Academic Procedures and Policies:
- There will be ten (10) or more test grades per nine weeks.
- Your child will receive on-grade-level instruction. The books and materials used in this class are based on the South Carolina English
Language Arts Curriculum Standards for 8th Grade level. This will ensure your child will be prepared for the end of the year testing (SC Ready/PASS).
- Make-up work is the responsibility of the student. All work should be made up within five (5) days, and students are responsible for scheduling makeup test with the teacher. Any assignments not made up will result in a grade of zero (0).
- There will be special assignments during the year. Students will be given notice and requirements for special assignments. Students will be required to keep notes and classwork in a 3-ring binder.
1-1 ½ inch Three Ring binder with clear view front
- Obey all school rules
- Come to class prepared and on time
- Raise your hand for permission to talk or walk
- Respect self, others, and school property
- No gum or candy
- Phone call to parents
- Parent conference
- Detention with teacher
*Any serious offenses will result in immediate referral to the office.
I will be available by e-mail from 8:00 am to 3:15pm to assist with any questions. Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (864)594-4482.