Welcome to the School Counseling and Guidance Page.
The goal of our school counseling program is to assist our students in achieving their maximum personal development, both as individuals and learners. The guidance program will help students acquire skills in the academic, social & emotional, and vocational domains necessary for success in an ever-changing society.
Our School Counseling and Guidance Program consists of:
- Regular Classroom Guidance Lessons on Staying Safe, Preventing Bullying, and Learning through Social-Emotional Development
- Small-Group Activities (social competency, self-regulation, social skills, grief, family changes)
- Consultation and/or collaboration with parents, teachers and community stakeholders
- Community resource referrals for long-term counseling solutions
- Individual Short-term Counseling
Kenn Smith II, Counselor
Hello Bobcat Family,
As you may know, school counselors do not provide traditional counseling or therapy. But between myself and Janelle Washington, our resident therapist, we are here to help you and our children succeed. Please let me know if she or I can be of assistance.
I may be reached at (864) 586-7948 or email@example.com.