E.P. Todd School began in 1939 as Cooperative Elementary School. This is the first building. In 1950, the Cooperative Elementary School became a part of the newly formed Spartanburg School District 7. Additions to the school were built in 1957 and 1972. The school was renamed E.P. Todd Elementary school after its first principal, Edwin P. Todd, in 1972. The second building was located in what is now the Cedar Springs shopping area. E.P. Todd moved to its current location in 2000.
Who was Edwin Todd?
Mr. Edwin Poteat Todd (1909-2006) was principal of The Cooperative Elementary School from 1945-1974. In 1972, the Cooperative Elementary School was renamed E.P. Todd Elementary School in his honor. He taught in Spartanburg County schools for 43 years. He retired in 1974. Edwin P. Todd died in 2006.