Phone: (864) 586-7948
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. Non-profit Administration M.Ed. School Counseling
Hello there! My name is Kenneth Smith and I am your school counselor! Your child's success academically, social-emotionally, and in career awareness, is my highest priority! To overcome their challenges, I purposefully synergize 13 years of experience in education; a Bachelor's of Arts Degree from the University of South Carolina in Non-profit Administration; and a Master’s of Education Degree from the University of the Southwest in School Counseling. Additionally, I am an 8 year, United States Navy Veteran, with diverse cultural experiences from all over the world, to help unlock and enrich your child's potential.
I see myself, my wife, and my 4 children in your children, being a Spartanburg District 7, Class of 1991 graduate. My wife and my children are also Vikings. Our family is blue and gold through and through! Your children are our future Vikings, and I want to know each of them personally and help them discover and reach their greatest potential. To that end, it is one of the top honors of my life to take part in that journey, by providing school counseling services to your child and our school community.
Some services I provide as a school counselor include:
- Collecting academic, attendance, behavioral and social-emotional data
- Collaboratively, identifying the educational gaps and needs of our students
- Using the collected data to implement effective interventions or accommodations for our students
- Using a 3 tiered approach to guiding students: Tier 1 - School-wide, Classroom Guidance; Tier 2 - Small Groups; and Tier 3 Individual Counseling
- Connecting parents and students to community resources for long-term solutions
Lastly, please know that you are not alone! We are here to help.
I am here for you!
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM!