Arrival and Dismissal
Parents bringing their children to school in the mornings are asked to bring them between 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. Parents dropping students off or picking students up must come by the office and not go directly to the classroom.
Car Rider Arrival Procedure
- Drop off on the right side of the covered sidewalk. When parking, please stay to the left of the red curb line.
- Pull forward to avoid empty spaces and to allow others arriving after you the necessary space to unload and to keep traffic moving forward. There will be a staff member available to monitor traffic and to direct you as you exit.
- Students must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle to be safe and to avoid moving traffic.
- As you exit the drop off area, use caution and watch for all pedestrians. Please be mindful of the factors that make us a special needs school.
- Please park in the parking lot if you need to enter the building for school business no matter how short the visit.
- Do not hold up the line by conversing with others. The car line must continue to flow without cars having to maneuver around you.
- Students are tardy after 8:00 a.m. and must be signed in at the school office.
Car Rider Dismissal Procedure
Car riders will dismiss at 2:15 each day from the side hall to the left of the front sliding doors. A staff member will open the door and walk your child out to your car. We request that students are to be picked up no later than 3:00 in the afternoon, and daily sign-outs of students before 2:00 not occur. Students who have weekly standing appointments for outside therapy may continue to be signed out on that designated day by 2:00 to meet those appointments.