Jesse Boyd Elementary School
Doing whatever it takes to give every child every chance to succeed.
Jesse Boyd Elementary school makes it our mission to inspire and equip all to become lifelong learners and productive community members through a challenging and supportive environment which promotes academic excellence, confidence and creativity.
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right
- Teachers recognize students as unique, valued individuals who gain the knowledge and skills necessary to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Teachers, staff, students, parents, and community members should work cooperatively to enhance the education of children in a changing world using a variety of instructional approaches and technology to meet student’s individual needs.
- All students, staff, and parents should be treated with respect regardless of cultural and individual differences.
- All staff members are committed to ongoing personal and professional growth to foster the pursuit of life long learning for themselves and their students.
We envision a school in which:
- Students are challenged to reach their full academic potential.
- Students and staff treat each other with respect in a safe, supportive atmosphere.
- Parents and the community are involved and support school endeavors.
- The staff is committed to professional growth and development.
- To become a model balance literacy school.
- To become a model IBPYP school.
- To become a model school for the integration of instruction and technology.
Giving every child every chance to succeed.