Jesse Boyd Elementary School
Jesse Boyd Elementary School's mission is to inspire and equip all to become lifelong learners and caring world citizens through a challenging and relevant inquiry-based curriculum which promotes academic excellence, intercultural understanding, and respect.
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right
- Teachers recognize students as unique, valued individuals who gain the knowledge and skills necessary to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- Teachers, staff, students, parents, and community members should work cooperatively to enhance the education of children in a changing world using a variety of instructional approaches and technology to meet student’s individual needs.
- All students, staff, and parents should be treated with respect regardless of cultural and individual differences.
- All Staff members are committed to ongoing personal and professional growth to foster the pursuit of life long learning for themselves and their students.
As an International Baccalaureate World School, our vision is that each student leaves Jesse Boyd upholding the ideals and attributes of the IB Learner Profile:
- Risk takers
- To become a model IBPYP school
- To become a model Reader and Writer Workshop school
- To become a model school for the use of instructional technology
Giving every child every chance to succeed.