Traffic & Safety
Providing and maintaining a secure and safe campus for both our faculty and our students is one of our top priorities at Pine Street Elementary School. We request everyone’s assistance in providing our students a safe place to learn and our faculty with a safe place to teach. Please review the information below.
- It is unlawful for any non-student to be on school grounds at any time without the permission of the principal. Visitors must go directly to the main office to state their business as soon as they arrive on campus.
- Parents are not allowed to walk their students into the building at the beginning of the day. If you have a specific need, you must sign-in at the Main Office.
- Pine Street Elementary School utilizes School Check In software. Please have your state issued driver’s license/I.D. with you when you enter the building.
- Visitor’s passes must be worn in a visible location upon your person the entire time you are in the building.
- You must sign in and out when visiting our school.
- We respectfully request that your cell phones be turned off while you’re inside the building.
- Students who are absent or suspended from school are not to be on school premises.
- Pursuant to the passing of Act 373 of 1994, all persons entering a public school property consent themselves to a search of their person, with or without probable cause, and their effects including, without limitation, lockers, desks, vehicles, and personal belongings such as purses, book bags, wallets, and satchels.
- When visiting our campus, please secure your vehicles and do not leave valuables visible in your vehicle. School District Seven and Pine Street Elementary School are not liable for any lost or stolen property or any damage to your vehicle while on school grounds.
LOADING/UNLOADING OF STUDENTS
- All parties should remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Drop-off/pick-up areas to be used by parents are the side carpool loop.
- When using the front parking lot for dropping off/picking up, no thru traffic is allowed in the parking areas. Please follow the flow of traffic around these parking areas to the front of the school. Students should utilize the cross walk when crossing to school. *Drop off begins each morning at 7:00am.
- Students are not allowed in the building prior to 7:00am.