CARVER MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
- In order for any student to participate on any athletic teams, they must be academically promoted from the previous year. Not socially promoted
- To be eligible, all students in grades 6-8 must pass the 4 core subject areas: Math, Science, Social Studies, and English-Language Arts.Students playing a first semester sport will be permitted to finish that sport if they are not performing at the satisfactory level at the end of first semester even if that sport extends into the second semester.
- The head coach of that sport and/or administrator can grant permission for that athlete to continue under certain conditions that will be outlined by the head coach and/ or administration.
- All athletes must have a completed physical prior to attending any practices or tryouts of any team. Athletes who become 15 years of age prior to July 1 of the upcoming academic school year will not be eligible to compete in any athletic activities during that academic year. No exceptions.
CARVER MIDDLE SCHOOL ACADEMIC-ATHLETIC POLICY
The following policy is for all Carver Middle School athletes with a D or F in any subject:
- At the end of the 1st grading period - all students with a D or F will report to study hall for extra help.
- At the end of the 2nd grading period - all students with a D or F will report to study hall in addition to a one game suspension
- At the end of the 3rd grading period - all students with a D or F will be removed from the team
- If a student is kicked off of one team, the process will start again during the next sport’s season.