- Pine Street Elementary
Each week, our Friday Forecast is here!
Friday Forecast for Week 4
**If you know of someone (relative or out of town parent) who would like to receive our weekly forecasts:
- Email Freedom Winstead at FGWinstead@spart7.org (we’ll try to add in a new/additional email address – it’s not as easy as one would think.) J
- Have them check our website – the Friday Forecast is uploaded there each week as well. www.spartanburg7.org or www.pinestreet.spartanburg7.org
Tuesday, September 10th:
- PTO Open House at 6:00PM
- We’ll meet in the gym at 6:00. The Pine Street Lobby doors will open at 5:15.
- Students are always welcome, but this event is geared more for parents to learn more about the classroom expectations, get to the know the teacher, and ask questions about curriculum and plans for the year ahead.
- ALL parents in grades 1-5 should attend if you are able. (Kindergarten parents have already met with their teachers.)
- After a brief PTO meeting in the gym, parents will be able to visit classrooms.
- 4th Grade classes will all meet in the Media Center
- 5th Grade parents will stay in the gym to learn more about the big Barrier Island trip
- Kids Inc. Singers meets at 7:10 in Mrs. King’s room. (2nd and 3rd grade only)
- Student Council Candidates stay after school to make posters: 2:35 to 3:15
- Helpers in 4th or 5th grade (ONE per candidate) may also stay.
Wednesday, September 11th
- Our Arts Partnership Steering Committee meets at 3:00PM. If you are interested in learning more about how to join this group, contact Susan Woodham @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, September 12th
- Student Council Elections take place
- Dance Ensemble auditions - 2:35 to 3:30 - See Mrs. Woodham if you have questions.
Friday, September 13th
- Kids In Lids – “Hat Day” in support of the Children’s Cancer Partners of the Carolinas (see attachment for details)
- Student Council Election results announced
- Pantherettes practice from 3:30 to 5:00 – Mrs. Wolfe has additional information if needed – ASWolfe@spart7.org
St. John’s Church
- We are still hearing reports of very unsafe parking at St. John’s Lutheran Church in the mornings and afternoons. Please park in a parking spot. When vehicles park along the building a bottle-neck occurs and we are afraid cars will be damaged or someone will be injured. We do not want to lose the privilege of using their facilities due to our negligence.
- Spartanburg Water will be working on Woodland Street starting in the next week or so – St. John’s Parking lot WILL NOT BE AVAILBLE for us during this time. Look for details and other information posted near the parking lot on their wonderful new message board.
- We need to ask that parents NOT join their children outside at recess time. This is a liability and safety concern. Parents, grandparents, cousins, and friends are always welcome to eat lunch with students, but “others” going out to recess with the class is not allowed. You can see Mr. Regnier if you have questions.
Good News Club
- There are just a few spots left to join our Good News Club.
- The First GNC Meeting is on Thursday, September 19th
Flu Shot Information
- Our Flu Shot “Clinic” for students should be the first week in October. We’ll send more details as it gets closer
(There are TWO flyers about the Flu Shots attached below.)
- If you ordered a new PSS T-Shirt and are wondering where it is……. PTO has completed more than 300 T-shirt re-orders. They should be arriving next week, but it might take the week of September 16th for us to distribute those to everyone. Thank you for your patience!!
- At Open House... PTO will be offering:
o yearbook sales
o brick engraving sales
o “old stock” Spirit Shop sales (shirts, shorts, cups, etc.) while supplies last
o There will also be an opportunity to speak one on one with executive and committee members!
Independence Day will be Friday, September 20th
- The last day to walk with your students into the building will be Thursday, September 19th. Don’t panic about this - - Much more information to be given at Open House and through email.
- The attached flyer has some additional information
- Call me if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for your support of Pine Street School!!
All the best~