- Carver Middle School
How to Get Tech Support
Who should I contact?
If you are having technical difficulties, the first step is to let your teacher know. Teachers are able to address many technical support questions. If your teacher is unable to resolve the problem, he/she will connect you with a member of District 7’s technology support team for additional guidance.
If you are unable to reach your teacher, please contact your school’s Support Technician:
Adult Education - Lisa Holman 864-586-7427
Carver Middle - Monica Gentry 864-586-7643
Cleveland Academy of Leadership - Marilyn Mackey 864-641-2472
Drayton Mills Elementary - Joe Broadus 864-586-7976
E.P. Todd School - Cindy Despard 864-641-2545
Early Learning Center at Park Hills - Lisa Holman 864-586-7427
Jesse Boyd Elementary - Jeanie Cox 864-586-7755
Mary H. Wright Elementary - Robin Dendy 864-586-7951
McCarthy Teszler School - Anastacia Hutchinson 864-641-2779
McCracken Middle - Jacob Jones 864-596-8422
Pine Street Elementary - Kristin Smith 864-586-7819
Spartanburg High School - Kelly Bertrand 864-641-2638
Whitlock Flexible Learning Center - Avris Hall 864-913-4019
Tips for Common Tech Support Issues
1. MacBook is having problems: Restart
- Save work and close your applications. Go to the Apple menu (top far left), choose "Restart," and uncheck the box next to “Reopen windows when logging back in.”
2. An application is stuck or not responding: Force Quit
- On your keyboard, press and hold Command + Option + Esc. It will immediately bring up a “Force Quit Application” window. Select the frozen application from the dialogue box and select “Force Quit.” OR
- Go to the Apple menu (top far left) and choose “Force Quit,” then select the application that is not responding and choose “Force Quit.”
3. MacBook won’t start: Hard Shut-Down
- Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release it and try turning it back on.
- SMC reset:
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the power adapter if it is not already connected.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the left side Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time. Your computer will now shut down.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
4. MacBook won’t charge:
- Unplug the charger from the MacBook and flip it upside down, then reconnect it.
- Make sure the charger port is clean where the power connects to the MacBook.
- Check the connection to the wall.
- Try a SMC reset as outlined above.
- If it still won’t charge, leave it plugged in while using it and report it to the school when you turn in the device for the summer.
5. Completing work on your personal device:
- Although District 7 does not support personal devices, they may be used.
- When using your own device to access school resources like Schoology, Dreambox, iReady, Teams, etc., try downloading and installing Apps from the App store or Google Play store.
6. I am unable to access my assignment:
- When a student has a question on eLearning days, they should contact their teacher.
- If the question is a tech support question that cannot be answered by the teacher, the teacher will direct your request to a School Technician for help.
- Many problems may be solved by a simple reboot or turning Wi-Fi to the devices off and then back on. Remember that if the power is out, there is probably no Wi-Fi even though the MacBooks run off of batter power.
- The phone number for tech support is (864) 594-4489. On e-learning days, an auto attendant will answer the phone and route callers to the tech support person for their school.