Early Dismissal Policy
Students are dismissed during class change time only to avoid disrupting classroom instruction. Please make sure you send a note in the morning to avoid disruptions, and we will have students waiting for you in the front office. Also, learning the bell schedule is very important. Please make sure you obtain a copy during orientation, and/or view it on the website.
Any student leaving campus before the established dismissal time is required to have a parent or guardian sign the student out in the front office of the school building. Sign outs will only be allowed between classes.
Early Dismissal, leaving before the end of the school day is discouraged. All early dismissals are classified as either excused or unexcused absences. Time missed due to early dismissal will count against a student’s attendance record in the class(es) missed. Therefore, whenever possible, parents are strongly encouraged to arrange appointments after school hours for students.
The following are classified as lawful excused dismissals:
- Medical appointments, with a doctor’s statement required to change from unexcused.
- Illness of a student, as verified by the school nurse or administrator, and contact established with a parent.
- Illness in the immediate family that is verified by a parent or doctor.
- Death in the immediate family.
- Court appearance, with appropriate documentation.
Request for early dismissal must be given to the office secretary at the beginning of the school day. All early dismissal requests must be in writing and contain the following:
- Student’s full name and current date.
- Reason and time for dismissal.
- Signature of legal parent/guardian, and
- Telephone number where parent can be reached.
All Early dismissal requests will be verified by telephone. Students will remain on campus if dismissal cannot be verified with parent/guardian.